Bible Verse of the Day

Friday, December 22, 2006

It's Almost Christmas

During this time of year, it's difficult to be a working mother and provide and interesting Christmas experience for both myself and my family. Since we've started going to church, my committment to Christmas waxes and wanes like the phases of the moon. Some years I am more spiritually aware than other years. This year the spirituallity is waning because of outside committments to work. I've been at this job for nearly a year and it's my first Christmas season at this company. The holiday spirit is definitely evident at work. Many of my co-workers gave gifts, which was totally unexpected for me because that has never happened before.

We head out tonight for the annual round of Christmas visits. Some day I hope to have a whole holiday weekend at home with my family coming to us, but that won't happen any time soon. The house is too small and too cluttered. There isn't room to put up the big tree and my expectations for how I want things to look and feel are too high. Some day...

No comments: