Bible Verse of the Day

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Blog Challenge #15

From Suzanne's blog:

Have you ever lost anything special? What was it? Did you ever find it?

I've lost a lot of things in my lifetime. Most things I've found eventually, but one thing I lost when I was a child was a special blanket that was probably a baby blanket. I used to carry it everywhere I went, slept with it, used it for a tent...all the things children do with a blanket. I even used it to cover the cage of a pet rodent I was carrying to school for show and tell. I remember it was very thick with a very special woven pattern. I've never seen anything like it, since. I don't remember it disappearing until one day I remembered that I hadn't seen it for awhile. I suspect my mother probably threw it away when I wasn't looking one day. It was pretty ratty looking, truth be told. Needless to say, I never found it.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Aww, reminds me of when my mom threw away my sisters blanket. I pulled it out of the trash since it was one that my Gram had made for her. I hid it away in my keep box and gave it to her years later. I think she was happy to have it. I've also kept all of my kids "ratty" blankies, which they will all get again, one day. :-)

GinniG said...

So sorry you lost your blankie! Hope you've found something good to replace it with. ;)