Bible Verse of the Day

Thursday, May 24, 2007

I Got to Meet Chris

I got to meet one of the scrappers I admire a lot, not only because she creates beautiful pages, but she runs one of the best scrapbook sites I have found. Chris is a really neat person with lots of stories to tell. She gave me directions to Redondo Beach where we had dinner on the pier and watched the sunset.


There's a bell bouy just off the end of the jetty that was hosting a number of sea lions. We got a kick out of watching them trying to get on it and falling off as the balance changed.



I had a great time visiting. We ate at Kincaid's out on the porch. And although it was a little chilly, we were right over the breaking surf which was relaxing to watch and hear. I don't know much about tides, but I think it was coming in because the waves were crashing higher up when we left than when we got there.


All in all it was a very pleasant evening and I made it back to the hotel without getting lost. Chris gives great directions. Even to the point of telling me about the way I was going and to not get confused. Which was a good thing because I'm not that familiar with California highways and I thought I was going the wrong direction for a time, but I hung in there and finally found it.

Today, I'm not sure what I'll do this evening, but I know I need to pack at some point to head home tomorrow. I got some scrapbook pages done on this trip. Maybe I'll pack up all my paper stuff and try some digi scrapping with the new pictures I've got. I'll leave you with one more picture of one of the fellows hanging out at the pier:


2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Cool pics! I'm so jealous you got to meet a scrappy friend, but glad you got to. ;-) Have a safe trip home!

Jayne said...

Beautiful Shots!