Bible Verse of the Day

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

This and That

Well, the store is coming together. I spent Saturday afternoon painting a sky in DS#1's new store. He's going for the Wrigley Field look. I've never been up and down a ladder so many times in one day in my life! I was so sore after I laid down that evening that I almost couldn't get back up.

As I was perusing the list of blogs I read, I noticed that a lot of folks are talking about what they're reading for the summer. I thought about that this morning when I was thinking about what I should write about and lo, everyone else has beat me to it! Funny how that works, isn't it? Anyway, on Sunday, one of the other youth dads gave me a book to read called Showdown by Ted Dekker.


I started reading it on the way home from church and couldn't put it down. I usually sleep on the bus, but yesterday I read on the way to work and back home. It's quite an unusual story and the writing is captivating. I'll let you know how much I like it when I finish it.


DS#2 finally starts his new job on Friday. He's a busboy at our favorite Japanese restaurant. The owners have been really good people to us. She just loves our son and has been waiting for him to decide to work there. She's been offering the job for over a year now. It turns out though, that they are moving back to Taiwan where their families live. All three of their children are American-born and will go to the American School in Taiwan, but it's kind of sad to see them going. When DH and I were both out of jobs due to layoffs, we told them that we wouldn't be able to eat there much longer because of the money situation and they said that as long as they owned the place, we'd always have a place to eat no matter what. How can you argue with that? It helps to have been their best customers for several years. :-)


I went back to the ENT today and he said my throat looks a lot better than 6 weeks ago. The thing in my throat that was bothering me so much is pretty much healed up, but I have to keep taking the Nexxium for at least two more months. He also said I could ease back into drinking coffee again, as long as I didn't have any reactions to it. I guess that means I can drink tea again. Yea!!!


Well, tonight is the first of this year's executive board meetings for DS's band boosters. I'm First Vice President this year and head chaperone, which means I'm going to be very, very busy this year with the band. It'll be fun, though.


Y'all take it easy and see ya soon!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Thanks for the update Karen! I've been missing you! :-) So glad that the Nexxium has been working for you. Congrats to your ds on his new job! I call that good eatin' on breaks! LOL