Bible Verse of the Day

Saturday, August 11, 2007

I Made It Through The Day!

My last post was kind of whiney, so let me try to make up for it here. I finally made it out of the office with only enough time to get to the studio. I actually left early because I couldn't change the appointment and they appeared to have had the problem worked out. I arrived just after DH and DS did. I didn't get the patches completely sewn on the jacket (scrapbook adhesive doesn't work between cloth and leather, let me tell you!), I was running behind, DS forgot a comb, and I was generally flustered. I was so concerned that it wasn't going to be any fun for him, that I was near tears.

Well, he got changed into his first outfit and we used the jacket. As long as he wasn't wearing it and we only showed one sleeve, it would be all right. He borrowed a helmet from his uniform and brought along the glockenspiel that he marched the parade with in the spring. The pictures the photographer took took my breath away and I was near tears for another reason. I can't wait to see the proofs.

Anyway, he took his yearbook photo, the cap and gown photo, and another casual outfit photo and we were done. I was starving by then because I'd only had a granola bar at 9:00 in the morning and it was now 6:00 PM. I don't know if you have a Culver's where you live, but that's what I had. It's not usually convenient for me because of its location, but we were there. A Butterburger with cheddar cheese and a chocolate malt. M-M-good! Their softserve custard is to die for!

I made it home and found a photo I had ordered from last year's state drumline competition. I promptly set out to make this page:

Click here for credits

There still something missing because both DH and DS didn't realize that the definition at the bottom is for the "Together" at the top. This one is subject to update.

No comments: