Bible Verse of the Day

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Over Extended And Not Just Money

I got a pop-up reminder this morning that I had a doctor's appointment in 15 minutes. Not a problem if I'm on my way, but I was 45 minutes away and had forgotten to check my calendar this morning or yesterday for today. I dropped my car off at a garage near my office downtown to get the oil changed, so if I had remembered the appointment, my engine would have been rattling all the way there. The office was so kind to reschedule it, though.

Tonight I'm double booked again: choir practice or painting the store. I had a meeting at church last night that I had forgotten about until I got a reminder call on Monday night. I had planned on working on the store and helping DS get his Internet access working. I was at least able to go by and help with the Internet problem (we hadn't done the proper registration, yet). This was the fourth time AT&T had been contacted about the connection not working, but the first time anyone bothered to ask if we had registered the DSL box. All the others kept saying it was a firewall problem and couldn't really help. I had gone through every firewall on the computer and the router, but nothing fixed it.

While I was there, DS announced that he needed the store finished by Thursday morning. Ha! I'm not even through taping, much less painting. Then it would be okay if we got two display pegboards up. Well, only one of the four has been painted. So then it was, can we get the one on the wall so he can start displaying merchandise? Sure, that took all of 20 minutes. Here's what it looks like:


It's starting to look a little bit like a store now! (Oh yeah, that's my 6'5" 20-year-old entrepreneur standing there.)


Okay, so there needs to be a little more work on the display itself, but we were just putting stuff on the wall. I'll be heading back over tonight to finish what I can. I'm also going to need more tape! I've gone through eight rolls of 1-1/2" tape and 3 rolls of 3/4" tape and I still have to do the vertical grout lines. If I could figure out how to make a decent foam stamp that's 1/2" wide and 4" long, I could whip those lines out in no time.

Suggestions? Share them in a comment.

I'll get pictures of the rest of the walls and post them tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a really cool looking store! At first glance I thought it was a real brick wall LOL I sure wish I could help you with a good line stamp

Jayne said...

That looks awesome!!