Bible Verse of the Day

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Where Do I Find Inspiration?

On other people's blogs for one place. Lately, every time I go out the front door of my house, there's some kind of interesting creature hanging around the door. I'm not squeamish about bugs as long as they stay over there and not over here. Some of them are kind of cool looking. Some of them are just out of place. The praying mantis should be in a tree,






the grasshopper should be in a field.






The moth, well, it's near the light so I guess that's where it belongs.







But all of these things attract the little gecko-like lizards.






Rach and Cori both had bugs on their blogs recently and I thought they were beautiful pictures. Except for the splat later on Cori's blog. Now while their pictures are more artistic, mine are just pictures. But I was inspired to create a digi page with them:


Credits here

Another ispiration, of a different type, is church. Today was our fall cantata at church and DH and I were the readers between all the anthems. It went very well. Only missed a couple of notes, came away thoroughly exhausted and completely humbled. This year is the 300th anniversary of the birth of Charles Wesley, considered to be the poet of Methodism. Methodism was founded and governed by his brother John. Anyway, Charles wrote over 6000 hymns, which as our director told the congregation today, are his conversations with God. You may remember "Jesus Lover of My Soul," "O For A Thousand Tongues to Sing," and many others. That's Charles. The music was arranged by Joseph Martin, one of the most popular current Christian composers/arrangers. Absolutely gorgeous music and I think we did it well, IMHO.

My father, his sister, and my brother and niece came all the way from Austin to listen. Afterwards, we went to lunch at El Chapparal in Helotes, TX. (If you're ever in San Antonio, this is one of the best places to go for Mexican food.) Then we all went to the house for conversation, downloading pictures from my Dad's computer for making some special gifts for Christmas. And I got to show some of my scrapbook pages to my almost 4 year old niece. She was thrilled to see the pages with her pictures on them. That's the second highlight of the day. It was a good day, all in all. Praise the Lord!


Y'all take care now.

No comments: