Bible Verse of the Day

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

If You Are a Praying Person

My sister-in-law just called me to tell me that my 81-year old aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer today. She's not telling the family (her kids, my father, etc.) until she knows what the treatment plan is, but SIL wanted me to start praying for her. In the community of believers there's nothing more powerful than prayer and I am asking now that you please lift up Kathryn to the Great Physician, that although small, her cancer will be removed and will not have spread, yet. Fortunately, she has a mammogram every year and this is the first time they've found anything, however, she's already had the biopsy and it came back positive for cancer. In addition, she's professed to being an atheist, so prayers for her belief would be appreciated, too. She grew up going to church with her mother until she married and left home, so she has known Jesus in the past. I pray that she will know him again.

Bless you all and thank you.

No comments: