Bible Verse of the Day

Friday, July 13, 2007

Movie Time

I don't get to the movies very often, but when we heard Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was coming out, my co-worker and I decided we'd take an afternoon off and walk to the downtown mall theatre to see it. Today was the day. I told DS#2 last night what I was planning today and he wanted to go with us, but to see Transformers. But I told him he'd have to ride the bus to work with me. He's never ridden the city bus except for the Park and Ride to some event when he was quite small. It was eye-opening for him and fun for me to watch. LOL

Back to the movie...it was great! I've read all the books except the new one coming out and now I've seen all the movies. The movie is much darker than any of the previous ones, so I don't recommend it for young children. Especially since there was one of those sitting behind me asking questions every few minutes about what was going on and what was going to happen. Mom kept trying to shush him, but he kept forgetting. Then there was the couple sitting beside me and it was quite obvious that she had never seen the movies or read the books because her comments were so wrong for the scenes.

I have to tell you that the acting was so good that Imelda Staunton, who played Dolores Umbridge, was so convincing that I was getting irked at the character on the screen and wanted to slap her myself! Of course it's not quite the same now that the actors are more grown up, but I guess it just follows that would happen. Anyway, I highly recommend the movie if you're a Harry Potter fan.

As for Transformers, DS#2 kept telling everyone it was the best movie he'd ever seen, including all my co-workers who had already seen it. But, he said he'd never ride the bus again. Too creepy. I guess you get used to it.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: