Bible Verse of the Day

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy Fourth of July!

Well, it's after midnight, so I can officially say Happy 4th, y'all! I know it's been a while since I posted, but I've been on vacation. Didn't go anywhere, but took some time off from work since Wednesday is a holiday. I spent Sunday afternoon working on painting DS#1's store. I had the blue sky up last week, but started painting on clouds Sunday. He had one of his baseball buddies/commissioned salesmen helping with the painting before I got there. M.R. and his girlfriend were both there. Gosh, those kids have no clue about cleaning up after painting!

They were rolling on the red for the "brick" wall part and M.R. was so worried that I would be upset because the first coat was so pink. LOL! I told him that I expected that because it's going on over a white wall and it would take at least two coats. They finished the red on Sunday and then on Monday, DS#2 and I went back over there to start taping out the "grout" lines for the brick wall. That is going so slow! We didn't go back today because we were both tired and DS#1 has been really cranky the last few days. I guess I'll be back at it evenings later this week.

I spent the afternoon today (Tuesday) making stencil/mask for the grout lines. I think this might help us go faster. It took me two tries and a trip to Hobby Lobby in between to get it right, but I'm anxious to try it out now.

Later today we're going up to Austin to see some friends and hang out at the lake. Lake Travis is closed to recreational boating and swimming because of flooding and debris and bacteria, but my brother said that it is higher than he's ever seen it. You can see some of the river operations going on at LCRA's website. In 1998, the lake the highest I had ever seen, so I really want to check it out. The highest the lake has ever been was 710 feet above sea level on Dec. 25, 1991. Today it's at 700 and expected to continue rising for the next week.

We'll be using my brother's grill and the house while they go visit some friends for the 4th, along with our aunt. Daddy and Mary are still somewhere on the Pacific coast of Oregon with my cousin and his SO on his boat. I'm sure they'll be watching fireworks from off shore tonight.

In closing, I'd like to leave you with a layout of one of our founding father's thoughts and photos from his memorial: Thomas Jefferson.

"The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us."

Remember this as we celebrate the founding of this great country.

No comments: