Bible Verse of the Day

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I got run over by a bus. No wait...

I had an interesting trip home from work this evening. I ride the bus from the suburbs to downtown and back several times a week. I know, that's not unusual for about 80% of the world, but in Texas, everyone drives their own car. What with gas prices and all, I figured for $25 a month, all I have to do is ride the bus once a week to pay for it, so why not?

I took an earlier bus after work today just so I'd have a little more time at home after working out when I got off the bus, but that wasn't to be. Halfway home our bus got rear-ended by a Kia Sephia! ph34r.gif Totalled the car. I was sitting in a sideways facing seat at the back and I could feel it when I got up to walk off the bus. Sort of like a sideways whiplash. They sent a replacement bus and I was planning to go ahead and work out, but as I stood there waiting, my side was getting more uncomfortable. I ended up going straight home to the ibuprofen. I think I'm going to be sore tomorrow.

When I get my cell phone/PDA/camera out of the car, I'll post a picture of a Kia trying to take on a 40-passenger city bus.

And I'm still making flowers. I've moved on from crepe paper to tissue paper for a little while. I'm using whole sheets of tissue paper and the flowers are coming out about a foot and a half across! Ha!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh Karen! How scary! I hope you're not too sore today. :-(

Karen said...

So far, so good. I can feel that something has happened, but it's not enough to keep me down. I've got a pretty high pain threshold, so I just have to make sure I don't overdo it.